Do You Want to be Made Well?

 'One man was there who had been ill for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had been there a long time, he said to him, “Do you want to be made well?” The sick man answered him, “Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; and while I am making my way, someone else steps down ahead of me.” Jesus said to him, “Stand up, take your mat and walk.” At once the man was made well, and he took up his mat and began to walk. Now that day was a sabbath. ' John 5:5-9 

"Do you want to be made well?" I think if Jesus asked us that, most of us would answer yes!  We all want to be well, but do we want to be MADE well?  Do we want to do what it takes to get well?  This man in the scripture seemed to have an excuse about why he wasn't well.  He was beside this pool that was supposed to heal him, yet he wasn't getting in.  I think we can all be like this man at times, we want to be well, but we don't always want to do what it takes to be made well.  

A few years ago, I was diagnosed with tendonitis in my left rotator cuff.  The pain on some days would be excruciating. The doctor's only remedy was to get regular steroid shots that I didn't want to do, so I decided I would just have to live with the pain.  I remember going to Disney World for a week when my son was 4 years old.  We had a wonderful time, but I couldn't fully enjoy our vacation because of tendonitis pain.  It was so bad I had to sit out on many fun rides while Brian experienced them with our son.    


Our daughter was born shortly after, and I had such a hard time carrying her car seat around. It hurt even to pick up and hold her at times, even though she was tiny.  I had someone recommend exercise to help strengthen my shoulder, but I didn't see how I could make that work with a new baby and a full-time job.


Fast-forward about a year, and our life had dramatically changed.  We were living in a different state, and I was longing to find community.  I was invited by a friend to a group fitness class and decided I would tag along.  It was tough; I could barely do anything because of the pain. I was very out of shape, but the instructor helped modify many of the exercises so I could still participate.  I had a great time and continued to go to each class.  Little by little, the pain seemed to get better, and after about six months, the tendonitis was gone.  This class was also my first introduction to Revelation Wellness.  

That is just one example of healing that I have experienced in the past year and a half.  Not only have I been healed physically, but God has brought about emotional and spiritual healing as well since that time.  That group fitness class led me to a book study called "The Wellness Revelation."  God used that program to heal me from fear, doubt, and feelings of worthlessness.  It hasn't been a smooth ride, and the last few months have led to more hurt I am healing from.  But now I know that I have to take the first step, to get up off my mat and walk!  

I am almost done with Instructor Training through Revelation Wellness.  This next weekend is the retreat, and I have a student teaching and test to complete in the next few weeks.  I appreciate your prayers during this time.  I am also looking forward to seeing how God uses this training certification as I begin a ministry through Revelation Wellness in 2021!  

If you want to know more about Revelation Wellness and "The Wellness Revelation," I'd love to talk to you about it and will be sharing more about what the ministry will look like soon!

Grace and Peace,
Cassidy

No more pain!


Comments

Popular Posts