And Sometimes the Answer is No

As many of you know, on Friday, we received a phone call from the adoption office asking us if we would like to submit our profile to a birth mother who would be selecting the home her baby would go to. We told them yes and then began praying. We prayed for the birth mother and the baby she is having. We prayed for the future family of the baby, whether it be us or another family. And ultimately we prayed for God's will, that the birth mother would choose us if this was the right baby for our family. We prayed, and today we received an answer from the adoption office; the birth mother chose another family. 

I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I'm the kind of person who gets her hopes up and always thinks the good about things. I tend to look at life through rose colored glasses. So yes, I am disappointed, I was hoping this would be the baby. But I am not discouraged or disheartened.  Romans 12:12 says "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."  I will continue to hope for a baby for our family. I will try to be patient and not get discouraged when we aren't the chosen family because I realize this could be the first of many. And I will continue to pray for the baby that will come into our lives and the birth family. 

We are thankful for your love and prayers for us as we continue through this journey. If anything we feel encouraged through this time as we know that the process is moving along. Our next step as we wait is to start getting our home ready for the baby's arrival whenever that may be. We appreciate all the support given to us and will be doing a puzzle update soon!

Grace and peace, 
Cassidy

Comments

Popular Posts