The waiting game....

I'm not sure why anyone calls it "The Waiting Game." I thought games were supposed to be fun. I mean who decided waiting should ever be a game?

There seem to be different types of waitings that come with their own degrees of anticipation, stress, worry, and even suspense. We wait on good things. We wait on that inevitably bad situation that we know will come about. We wait on our next turn in in a game with great anticipation when we know we have the cards to win in hopes someone doesn't beat us to the punch.

Then there's that waiting on something good to happen. The extraordinary veiled in the secrecy of time. You know it's about to happen but there's this tension in your stomach that yearns to be released.

Then it happens. The great expectation is met by a slew of emotions and one cannot help but appreciate the roller coaster that was the exciting journey. You've arrived at your destination and your hopes and dreams have been realized if even not as not expected.

You see, the game may not been as fun as we would like, but it is a journey. How we travel along the way lets us know our dependence on the One who walks with us as we venture forward.

I've learned this time and time again as I try hard to MAKE things happen. But all God is asking us to do is to be faithful and enjoy the ride. Nothing more, nothing less. He is the Giver of life, the Bringer of Hope and our Tour Guide on this winding journey we call "life."

May we be found faithful in the things He calls us to do so that one day we hear, "Well done, MY good and faithful servant."

Lord, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be your servants and be called your children!

Grace and Peace to you, friends.

Comments

Popular Posts