Some Assembly Required....They didn't say anything about brains.....

Hey Friends!

During the Christmas break, we received an unexpected call from our social worker.  She surprised us by asking us to submit our profile for a birth mother due in February!  This shocked us for 2 reasons:  1.  It was extremely early in the adoption process to be asked to do this.  2.  We have so much to do to get ready.

Now, this doesn't mean that this is our baby or that a match has been made.  It's just a possibility.  And the possibility made things all too real.

So, now we've moved into overdrive as we get the nursery and other essentials together just in case we get "the call."

Thus begins the assembly of furniture.

Music room before
Cassidy and I picked up the furniture this past Monday and I planned to put it together during the NCAA football championship game.  As it turned out, there was nothing to watch on TV that night (if you saw the game, you know what I mean...hehe) so that worked out perfectly.

The furniture consisted of 3 main pieces put together and 1 billion pieces before assembly!  Maybe I over exaggerated a little.

Putting the furniture together wasn't that bad.  However, moving it into the nursery was a task for which I was unprepared, and I'm an intelligent guy.  "Why?" you ask.  Well, let's see.  Mistake #1, I waited until Cassidy went to bed to assemble the crib.  Mistake #2, I waited until 8:30 p.m. to start assembling.  Mistake #3, I continued to assemble all the way until 11:30 p.m.  Mistake #4, I thought it would be a great idea to assemble in one place and move the furniture into the nursery after assembly (I needed a TV).  Mistake #5, I moved the furniture into the nursery by myself at 11:30 at night!

The best part happened at that 11:30 hour.  I decided to put the crib in the nursery to get a good look at where it should go in the room.  As I began to move the crib from the living room to the nursery, I realized this was not going to be an easy task.  In order to get up the hallway, I had to lift the crib so that it sat up on end.  After I finagled the crib so that it would go straight into the room, I realized I had a problem.  I had to somehow get on the other side of the crib in order to get it in the nursery.  So, I had to crawl through the crib to the other side and pull it (the spring part of the bed had not yet been installed).  Anyone who knows me, knows that this is no easy task for the size guy I am.  After getting to the other side of the crib, I started pulling it into the room when, DOH!  It's too wide to go through the door.  So, I have to crawl back through the crib, pull it through the hallway and disassemble the back railing in order to be able to get it through the door.
Nursery Time!
 Earlier, I called myself "intelligent."  Maybe intelligent is not the word.  This kid is going to have to overcome a lot!

Ultimately, the furniture got in the nursery and things are coming together.

This is where the Adoption Puzzle will go
Today, we got the wall decals that we found off of Etsy onto the wall.  The last couple of details include the "Your Are My Sunshine" pictures and the "Adoption Puzzle" once completed.
Re-painted Chair from Brian's Mom



I'm having a great time and can't help but laugh at the extra work I seem to make for myself. Actually, I realize it's a lesson for me to learn as a soon to be dad.  Despite the amount of effort, it's the love put forth through the effort that matters.  As weird as this may be, we can already say to our son or daughter, "We love you, and look forward to meeting you no matter how long that may be."

With Love,
Mom and Dad

Comments

  1. HA! you guys are still at the EASY part......
    Its going to be a GRAND adventure and you guys will be AWESOME parent...

    Chris.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts