Nursery Preparations and a Terrible Twos Story
Brian here:
It's been a little time since our last entry due to being out of town for Christmas and other lovely events of the Advent season. So, if this is your first time visiting our blog, Welcome! Take a look around.....make yourself at home.
During the week of Christmas, our social worker gave us a call. She asked us to submit our profile for a baby that is due in February! She told us that she had read the overview for the birth mother and immediately thought of us. We were honored that she thought of us and were encouraged that she considered us ready to adopt.
After I picked myself up off of the floor, my mind started racing about everything that we need to get done in order to prepare for a baby. Though we know this may not be the particular child we will be adopting, we began to realize that we need to be more prepared. Let's just say, it's getting even more real.
So here are just a few things we've been working on:
This rocking chair has an interesting story. When I was about 2 years old (or younger), my mom was getting ready in the bathroom and I was right outside in her room playing. My family had a decent sized garden and I wanted to be just like my dad, so they had given me a plastic gardening play set. One of these tools was a plastic hoe and I was hitting the rocking chair with it. My mom warned me that if I didn't stop, I was going to get a whoopin. Well, I didn't stop and I'm sure that I got that whoopin. The pot-marks still can be seen to this day where I took out my "terrible two" aggression on that poor rocking chair.
We are enjoying getting to prepare our home for a little one. It's kind of interesting that we are starting this so early. I mean, we don't even know the gender of the baby. We have no idea what to expect or when to expect it.
Needless to say, one phone call has made us more aware that we really are preparing for the little one God will entrust to us. One day, the phone will ring and we'll be on our way to the hospital. One day, our hearts will get even bigger.
Grace and Peace,
Brian and Cassidy
It's been a little time since our last entry due to being out of town for Christmas and other lovely events of the Advent season. So, if this is your first time visiting our blog, Welcome! Take a look around.....make yourself at home.
During the week of Christmas, our social worker gave us a call. She asked us to submit our profile for a baby that is due in February! She told us that she had read the overview for the birth mother and immediately thought of us. We were honored that she thought of us and were encouraged that she considered us ready to adopt.
After I picked myself up off of the floor, my mind started racing about everything that we need to get done in order to prepare for a baby. Though we know this may not be the particular child we will be adopting, we began to realize that we need to be more prepared. Let's just say, it's getting even more real.
So here are just a few things we've been working on:
| Registering for baby stuff! |
| "You are my sunshine" is the theme of the nursery |
| Rocking chair from my mom (before) |
| New Life |
We are enjoying getting to prepare our home for a little one. It's kind of interesting that we are starting this so early. I mean, we don't even know the gender of the baby. We have no idea what to expect or when to expect it.
Needless to say, one phone call has made us more aware that we really are preparing for the little one God will entrust to us. One day, the phone will ring and we'll be on our way to the hospital. One day, our hearts will get even bigger.
Grace and Peace,
Brian and Cassidy
So excited for y'all!
ReplyDeleteAHHHHH!!!! LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!! My shower next weekend can totally be turned in to yalls if need be!
ReplyDelete