Have you had a toddy????


This is the question I've asked of several people and come to a stark realization.  There are several different kinds of drinks that are so named "toddy".  There's the one that'll give you a nice hangover if you're not careful.  However, the one that I was referencing is the toddy cold brewing coffee system, which clears a lot of people's minds.  I mean, what church youth minister goes around asking people if they have had a stiff drink?  For me, it's another lesson learned.


We've had the cold brewing system for about 3 weeks now, and I've got a new wonderful way to enjoy my favorite dark liquid.  It's a simple enough method that makes a coffee concentrate that keeps in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.  This is accomplished by allowing the coursly ground beans to soak for at least 12 hours in the plastic container containing a filter and a stopper.  After soaking, the water is drained into the glass carafe, which could take up to 20 minutes.  What comes of this is an opaque loveliness that will dilute to make the beverage as stout as one can handle.

My first time brewing, was a terrible failure.  I wondered, "how could I ever waste $40 on this piece of junk?" .......Cue the infamous USER ERROR!  Yeah, so, I read the directions incorrectly.  Let's just said fluid ounces and ounces measuring weight are two different things.  The  second batch was much better and all is now well.  I'm a fan!

Happy Brewing!

Comments

Popular Posts