And on the 8th day, God created coffee
So about a month ago, I discovered a method by which to indulge in that lovely cup of joe. No, I'm not talking about injecting the caffeine straight into my veins. And there we have it. Ahhhhh yes, the pour method. Our local coffee shop introduced this gem of a technique and I will forever be greatful. Our barista friend uses a ceramic mug-like device with a hole in it, a filter, 200 degree water, and my favorite Guatemalan medium-roast coffee bean ground to a medium courseness (no, that's not a real word...thank you Google chrome). While having a good conversation with my friend, he begins to pour the water into the ceramic mug with the coffee and a filter and allows the water to steep into all of the ground mush. He explains that the correct temperature allows for the correct level of acidity and brings out the best flavor of the coffee beans. After the usual how's the business going etiquette, I then get to enjoy an amazing cup of coffee which much to my surprise has no bitterness! If you're not a big coffee fan, an appreciation for this form of art can still be had. Find a local establishment (ours happens to be 24/7....which explains the caffeine hangover my friend seems to have every time I visit), that uses this method and see what a wonder it is. Great conversations and good beverages may be in your future. Grace and Peace!
Comments
Post a Comment